Wednesday, June 12, 2013

AFTERMATH -

Nearly a month has past since I did DARK MARK so what I write today will be reminicences rather than pure memories. Though having said that, I do have the video to remind me of what it looked like from the camera point of view.

Image thanks to ElizabethA
1. I felt a bit apprehensive to begin with, not knowing would anyone turn up, would they take part, or would it all be a damp squib.
But once I donned the blindfold and began the work, I entered my own zone, a place of inner silence and peace and focus. From there, I moved back and forth across the paper, and sometimes up and down, making marks.

2. When I was 'interrupted' by someone taking my hand to make their mark, at first I felt they were giving me a gift. After a while, I almost resented them interrupting my concentration, but in the end, I had a real feeling of them making the piece with me, and that was a great feeling.

3. Watching the unedited video afterwards, I was surprised at the level of background there was - not just the conversations of people nearby, but customers at the RuaRed cafe, and music from not far away - perhaps a group at rehearsal.

I didn't have a guest-book, so I can only guess who took part in the work - Which means I can't give them credit except here where I would like to say thanks very much for their help in adding life to what could have been a bit boring process. Special thanks to my husband Tony who was an efficient 'Artist's Helper'.

No comments:

Post a Comment